Sunday, February 11, 2007

Updates

Some of the updates.

I'm sleeping for almost 10 hours a day, exceptions are early meetings in the morning or phone calls from Sridhar

My stay is extended for one more month.It looks like it might extend for one more month ,but my VISA expires by Mar 31.

I bought Cooker and preparing Rice for dinner in the hotel. This is giving me more options to experiment for Lunch.

I'm mentally not ready to eat Pork and Beef

Some of my calls to U.S. are charged at $20 per minute.. Screw this. I stopped calling completely from Hotel.

I bought new sim card from O2 after five days of struggle. My mobile number is there on my Orkut.. Give me a call please.. It's thirty times cheaper from India (Rs 7 per minute) and US (4 cents per minute)

My new business is going on well.

My employer is processing H1B for next year.I've not made a decision yet .

Youtube is the major source of entertainment.

Almost covered all the good places here. Usti nad Labem was the latest in the list.

I'm missing India. Not sure, what exactly I'm missing ,but on the back of my mind there is a feeling like I'm missing something.

we have the people from Czech, UK,US and Portugal in the team. Czech guys leave everyday by 4:30 PM, Portugal guys leave every Thursday, UK guys leave on every Friday, US guys go back for every two weeks ,and we have to stay till our VISA expires. Damn!!!!

I'm currently reading the controversial How Opal Mehta Got Kissed, Got Wild, and Got A Life. May be you can expect my next blog post as How Sudhakar got screwed, Got mad and lost interest in reading books. It's just awful.

I'm going to do the same thing on this Feb 14, like all the previous years. Hoping that "Mera Number Ayega" in the next year.

It reminds me of my hostel stay in school days. Some of the similarities.

1)My workplace and stay are both in the Hotel. So was our hostel rooms and class rooms.
2)Walk in the cold weather reminds me of early morning P.T. session in the hostel. (Thank god, I'm not sleeping with wearing socks ,which we used to do in the school to sleep for more time in the morning)
3)Food ... My hostel food was no different from what I'm eating here.
4)No phone calls.
5)No Access to Television. It's difficult to watch CNN everyday

14 Comments:

At Mon Feb 12, 01:25:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger pavan kumar said...

two things:

try Skype, as you seem to have broadband, calling via skype should be cheap (around 10 cents/min.)

and congrats on your H-1!

 
At Mon Feb 12, 11:55:00 AM GMT+5:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With the cold temps... would have said i envy u. But the other four points make me say ...... all the best..hope u come backto india soon or go to a place wth better food and tv.

 
At Mon Feb 12, 01:00:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Sudhakar said...

Pavan:

Unfortunately, wirelss connection is not working for my Laptop. So, I can't do any voice chat from my hotel room.

I've been avoiding H1 for the last four years and I'm left with no option now.

 
At Mon Feb 12, 01:42:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Sudhakar said...

Nidhee:

Walking in -5C -6C is no fun!!!

Thanks and welcome to my blog!!!

 
At Mon Feb 12, 03:11:00 PM GMT+5:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tera number kabhi bhi nahi ayegha..
-Maddy

 
At Tue Feb 13, 10:06:00 PM GMT+5:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well walking in 30 DC and 90% humidity is no picnic either.

Thanks and the pleasure is all mine.

 
At Wed Feb 14, 12:44:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Sudhakar said...

Maddy:

Chustundu... edo oka roju ......

Nidhee:

I agree, but we are more used to 30 DC kinda weather than -5 DC, what say?

 
At Wed Feb 14, 02:58:00 PM GMT+5:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I am destined to go to Nigeria for 15 days in the last week of Feb and first week of Mar. The weather is manageable. It is the food I am worried about. Being a vegetarian has its pitfalls I guess! :(

But you aren't a veggie na?! And what's the issue with pork and beef? Sentiments aa?

 
At Thu Feb 15, 04:59:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger superaghu said...

oopps dint they reimburse you for 20$ per min calls?? so sad on that..

i know its cold..but u can do skiiing, snow boarding or ice skating...they are fun too..

 
At Thu Feb 15, 12:28:00 PM GMT+5:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lets trade places!!!!!!!

 
At Thu Feb 15, 04:21:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Sudhakar said...

Mysorean:

15 days won't be a problem.
It's tough for veggies outside India.

I don't know ,but I'm unable to et pork and beef and lamb is not avialbe here. i'm more like chickenarain here.

Raghu:
======
It took more than an hour to make them understand my problem. So, I gave up.

Nidhee:

Hmmm... Yes

 
At Fri Feb 16, 04:10:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger Hyderabadiz said...

Thanks for signing up and we value your support in this call to Hyderabadi Bloggers.
We are trying our best to gather as much as possbile (I mean the sound and the fury, show and tell, look and feel of our true colors).
Push, pull or do whatever to bring more people join the event of uniting Hyderabadi Bloggers.
Best, MT and the Team of Hyderabadiz

 
At Mon Feb 19, 03:56:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger ~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

hey !!!!

u sound like u r lost somewhere in the Middle East .. pretty tought , huh ????

why no access to TV ?

 
At Fri Mar 02, 03:55:00 PM GMT+5:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't understand ur telugu ,type it clearly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home