Monday, September 04, 2006

Thank you Andre

It was around 11:55 pm... I was still infront of television (It's Sunday night ,not saturday night ) watching (no, not Maa TV) a tennis match. Score board shows it's a set point for Agassi, I was a bit relaxed hoping that game will go into fifth set. Suddenly It shows Triple match point for Becker. Becker ready to serve , Agassi eyes were full of tears, It was an Ace.. All over , End of 20 + year tennis career ..Agassi burst into tears and it was a well deserved five-minute standing ovation from the crowd.



Agassi is the legend in his own style(I'm not a very great fan of Agassi though). Some of the matches he played (Esp with Sampras) will be in memories of Tennis lovers for many years. A veteran of 60 ATP titles and 8 grand slam winner and richest tennis player till date.. More about his achievements are here

The scoreboard shows that I lost today, but what it doesn't show is what I found. Over the last 20 years I have found loyalty, you have pulled me through on court and also in life. I have found inspiration - you have willed me to succeed - and I have found generosity. I thank you and I will take you and the memory with me for the rest of my life.

I love these moments in sports .It touches my heart.I almost burst into to tears ,when Kapil Dev quit Internation cricket( I was an 12 year old then) and It makes me sad ,when I think of Sachin Tendulkar's retirement.

Thank you Andre ,for your contribution to world sport. Missing your style and play.. More tributes here

Labels:

10 Comments:

At Mon Sep 04, 03:09:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Mysorean said...

Andre Agassi is the best ever overall tennis player! My tribute to him will be up in a short while.

Good post! :)

 
At Mon Sep 04, 04:23:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Sudhakar said...

I agree ,Andre is the best atleast in the era I watched Tennis (I was fan of Sampras though ,but Sampras didn't win Fren-open and it's the only reason why I rate Andre as better player than Sampras)

So, Tributes to Andre in Adi's style in short while a? Waiting for it..

 
At Tue Sep 05, 08:31:00 AM GMT+5:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sudhakar,
Good post man!! Ofcourse he is the perfect gentleman both on and off the court and a role model.The way he bounced back from his earlier personel and professional struggles is really amazing and inspirational. Certainly we are going to miss his great baseline game and the strong cross court shots he hit with atmost precision.
Three cheers to Andre for what he has given to all sports fans around the world. Though we miss his action on the court, Surely we will be haunted by his memorable plays atleast for a decade......

 
At Tue Sep 05, 08:56:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger Sudhakar said...

Hey Srinu..

Thank you. I agree, the way he bounced back is truly inspirational.

By the way, is this Potti Srinu from reddy hostel?

 
At Tue Sep 05, 09:06:00 AM GMT+5:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vadedvadu??????
Maniddaram okate category...oka vishayam lo...Cheppuko choddam!!!!

 
At Tue Sep 05, 09:13:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger Sudhakar said...

Both of us are Agassi Fans(U got what you expected, I guess) and you are definitely potti Srinu..

Thanks for stopping by..

 
At Tue Sep 05, 09:22:00 AM GMT+5:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So it seems that u are being diplomatic these days.....
By the by,How come u so sure?

 
At Tue Sep 05, 09:29:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger Sudhakar said...

Becoz you love both Agassi and his hair style..

 
At Tue Sep 05, 12:23:00 PM GMT+5:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very nice post. Agassi paid a sentimental tribute to his fans(include me)

 
At Tue Sep 05, 03:09:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Sudhakar said...

Know What? Agassi's Farewell speech is one of the most senti speech in the entire history of Tennis. I'm touched by his speech too..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home