Sunday, February 12, 2012

And the Big day... Go-live

I stayed last night in the hotel court yard. Naveen asked Jenna and myself to stay back in the hotel as it was too late in the night. slept around 1 AM and woke up around 6 AM. In the office by 7:30 AM. Anxiously waiting for business users to arrive. People started coming in. By 8:30 AM most of the users were in.

Customer service started taking calls by 9.00 AM. users were so nervous. calls took much longer than the usual. we are (Deloitte team) all over the place. Helping CS, Sales, pricing, shipping , operations etc. Dave brought the pricing issue to my notice. It took me a while to debug the issue and found that the issue is due to date parameters at database level.

Oracle sales guy was also there. He bought pizza for lunch. we didn't have time to eat Pizza . finished lunch in 5-10 minutes. Things became crazier post lunch. 3-5 PM is busy for customer service. Call wait time was 10 minutes at one point . Abandoned calls were increased.

Not many shipping ssues(we realized later that we overshipped 120k worth of products) and we were able to ship like any other day. we had team meeting of 6 -10 PM discussing over issues and action plan for concurrent jobs torun in the night etc etc. Had Pizza again for dinner and went home around 11:30 PM.

While driving back home from Twinsburg to middleburg heights in GMC-Terrain car on I-80 at the speed of 80 mph, I got the time to recollect what happened over last couple of days. It was sense of satisfaction that we made it. The fact that we were able to import orders from Web, EDI without any pricing and freight issues and able to ship 100% on day1 is big achievement . I felt so happy. It was my project, It was my design and it was so satisfying to see users clicking on the forms designed by me.

No one in the project team know that It is my first project where I handled from the begining to end.

1 Comments:

At Sat Mar 10, 11:27:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Ratnakar Reddy Katipally said...

Congrats anna on the success of your first end to end project. :) :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home