Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Flavors


I watched Flavors recently and I couldn't resist watching it again without a break. Another movie made by NRIs and full Credit to directors Raju & Krishan. Reef and Pooja acted well and all the dialogues are nicely written, Here is one

Manager: If you didn't finish your program last week, why did you say that you are done?
Emp: It was working and all ,I just need to do testing..
M: You haven't tested it yet??
E: I did unit testing ,but I have to test with Krishna's Program.
M : So, you did Standalone testing ??
(Emp shakes his head in a confusing manner and the manager was unable to decide whether the answer is Yes or No.)

M: Does that Mean Yes Or No. I can't understand this( He shakes his head as the employee)
E: Yes.. I did standalone testing.
M: There is a reason ,why I called you today.. Do you know that your contract ends next month?
E: Yes, but you said, you will extend the contract for another year.
M: But we are not in a position to do that..
E: Does that mean that next month is last for me?
M: We are planning downsizing by end of this month..
E: End of this month itself??
M:We are planning to finish first round of downsizing by this week .
E: This week itself?
M: Vivek, Today is your last day.
E: Today is my last day ???:(
M: I'm afraid or so, you have an hour to clear out your desk..
E: I'll finish the testing..
M: This is nothing to do with testing. We are not firing you, just letting you go.

There are so many such dialogues and I really impressed with how Rachana (Pooja) says thanks to Karthik (Reef) on two different occasions. Once she says " Thanks for waking me up and having another entirely useless conversation" and in other scene, she says " Hey karthik, Thanks for cheering me up". Just see the movie and you will find the difference.

Romantic dinner of Karthik and Rachana is the highlight of movie and every character is nicely portrayed.. I also like this review.
http://www.offoffoff.com/film/2004/flavors.php

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home