Friday, February 28, 2020

Biggest career decision

It's been almost 5 years since I joined Apt. It's been a great ride so far. A lot of learning and grew pretty well, in terms of career as well as compensation. After the acquisition of TB, the company's focus changed from growth to operational excellence. Also, the company is focusing heavily on partner projects than PS.  With all the things on, I am not seeing much growth opportunities in the company.

So, I have been thinking about what to do next. We will get a bonus paid in March and the remaining portion of retention will be paid by the end of April. so, I can join any company starting May 1st. I have been exploring the outside opportunities.

I have been watching the CPQ space closely and observed one trend. The big consulting companies are acquiring SF CPQ implementation partner companies. So, I sensed some opportunity to start new company in this space. My idea is to build boutique CPQ implementation companies with below key themes

1. Provide CPQ Advisory services to help customers to review the business processes , optimize it, simplify product, pricing data, build high-level use cases prior to starting CPQ projects.
2. Provide Catalog transformation services to take care of all the activities related to catalog from building the products /structure/rules to moving the data from one org to another.
3. CPQ implementation services for all the CPQ products on the platform,Apt,SB,Vlcty
4. Build tools to convert data model from one app to another so that
5. Upgrade services.

In parallel, I was helping a couple of folks on preparing for Salesforce CPQ certification. So, I completed the certification myself. I posted it on LinkedIn and it got around 8,500 views and got below opportunities opened up.

1. Director of IT for Legal Technology, Sp**k.
2.Commerce transformation leader (Grade 13), Ci*co
3. Chief Sol** officer, CC
4. VP / Partner at Spauld**

In addition to the above, there are some passive opportunities as well.

1. Director role under Jess at Min**T**l
2. BSA (Grade 5 or 6 ) at Goo**Clo**D (I met Yuvon and she is connecting)
3.VP of PS  at Leg** (Don reached to me )
4. Sr. Director of Product at Apt

Regarding the 4 active opportunities, interviews are lined up in the coming weeks.  Regarding the passive opportunities, interviews are not started but there is a 50% chance that I will get an interview in next 4-8 weeks

Among all the opportunities , I'm excited about two opportunities CSO at CC & VP/Partner at SR.  VT called me last Friday ,when I was on my way to meet Yuvon at GC. We spoke around an hour an explained my ideas about building the company and looking for partners as I can't start company on my own.  We spoke for another hour on last Sunday and agreed on comp and decided to meet this Thursday at Amsterdam .

So, we met around 8.15 PM at Renaissance hotel, discussed about variety of topics from his meeting with Laz,Pal,Srik and my Phil expereinces.  I liked his focus on people (esp giving salary from day 1, and 3% match).   I also liked his sales skill. That's the kind of ideal partner I was looking for as I can do delivery and having the combo of Sales+delivery is ideal.  This opportunity also helps me to

It's a coincidence that both of stayed at same hotel.  I share my ideas and he is very impressed.

Overall, we agreed on what we need to do, my title (CSO) , base & bonus but still negotiating on equity.  I'm mostly sold but my discussion with SR may have an impact as I'm going to do similar pitch with SR.

If things work out,  the plan is to go to India in March for H1 stamping and then apply for transfer and if it works out, I'll join them by Mid May.

fingers crossed.  I need lot of blessings and luck.

2 Comments:

At Fri Jul 02, 08:55:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Gilbert Josh said...

Outstanding Good for you Phenomenal Good reasoning Praiseworthy Good thinking Prestigious work Good work/Good job Proper Grand Purrrfect Great Remarkable Great going Resounding results Honorable Respectable I appreciate your cooperation. Right on target I appreciate your help.

Smallpdf Crack

 
At Mon Oct 11, 03:19:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger Obaid Baloch said...

I am happy after visited this site. It contains valuable data for the guests. Much thanks to you!

Movavi Video Converter Crack
Adobe Photoshop Crack
Hotspot Shield VPN Crack
Acronis True Image Crack
Movavi Video Crack
Poweriso Crack
FileMaker Pro Mac Crack

 

Post a Comment

<< Home