Saturday, December 02, 2006

Exam Update

I was supposed to be in examination center around 1.30 PM ,but I started much early around 10.00 am from my room as the examination center is around 35 km far and the last train to that place was at 10.00 am.

I enjoyed the journey as I always do.Finished reading the last two chapters of 'The Google Story' book ,which were pending for so many days. I was at Arts College by 11.00 am and my Examination centre was around 3 km from that place.

Still It was 11.30, two more hours for the exam.. Had second breakfast of the day.. bought Water bottle and the time was only 12.00 PM. I was just looking around thinking how to pass time and I found an road side bookseller.. Went there and had a look at all the books. I almost had all the book ,which I otherwise would be interesting in buying . Finally picked up 'Inheritance of Loss ' by Kiran Desai for Rs.110.

Exam started around 2.00 PM and the first seventy five questions were very easy.. I was just passing time(Cross checking the answere again) assuming that next 100 questions will be of same toughness ,but I was completely wrong . Next 100 were bouncers, I was able to elimiante only one option and some times none... 10% of the questions were out of syllabus (meaning ,not covered in their course material) .Was managed to sit for four hours and when I was about to give my answere paper, I realized that I'm the only one in the exam hall (Initally we were around 40 members and this center was for two different exams one was three hour exam and mine was four hour exam). Scoring 80% on this paper seemed extremely difficult and not was in great mood.

Came out of the hall and there was the other guy waiting outside (we were only two writing this exam,from hyderabad). We introduced ourselves and started discussing about the paper. He was also of the same opinon that second half was tough ( Just like we say 'Second half was boring', when talk about movies) and continued discussion about some of the questions .. He was very funny and he made me laugh my heart out.. We walked for more than 3 km and we exchanged our visiting cards, thinking that group study might be helpful for the next time.

During this discussion, I came to know about the relative scoring for this exam, meaning I need not to score absolute 80%, but 80% relative to best of all the people appeared around the world . It means that even if I don't answer the toughtest question correctly, I mayn't be loosing much marks, but mistake for easy question will cost me more... This is the hope , Which makes me feel that I might get on..

Nevertheless, Last two months were fun, I enjoyed my prepartion and lot of positives to look upon, like I was able to think big, was able to think ahead , was able to take risk and Let's hope for the best.

Enjoyed the return journey back to my room ,with cool breeze flowing towards my face and a nice book on my hand ,reminded me the days of my 3 month working experiece with AXX.

Long post eh? I'm back to the world of blogging...

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Tue Dec 05, 09:58:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger superaghu said...

all the best bud...

 
At Wed Dec 06, 01:36:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Sudhakar said...

Thanks ra Raghu... but for what?? for results? I don't have anything to do for that now.. or for second time exam?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home